Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer
- Delivery by freight carrier
Product details: Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer
- No need to wax your skis! The cross-country indoor trainer is here!
- Perfect training for an almost total body workout with a main focus on the upper body.
- Two grips: a choice between a ski pole grip or strap
- Trains the back, legs, shoulders, arms, core and stomach
- Very effective cardio training for endurance as well as maximal power, losing weight or for warming-up.
- Hybrid resistance with a magnetic base resistance and maximum level with air resistance
- Progressive training principle: the harder you pull, the higher the intensity
- Helps improve the cross-country skiing technique
- Very joint-friendly
- Equipped with transport wheels
- Very good training computer with many options
- Space-saving dimensions
- Suited for mounting to the wall | Optional: free-standing with the separately available stand (buy in a set and save)
- Display: time, time/500m, distance, calories burnt, strokes per minute, total strokes, pulse and watts
Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer – Programs:
- 3 interval programs: 20/10 (Tabata); 10/20 and user defined intervals
- 3 target programs: time, distance, calories burnt
- 1 watt program
- 4 heart rate programs: 60%, 75%, 85% and target heart rate
- Quick start mode/manual mode
- Please note that the pictured Scandic-X is has the stand mounted. This is not contained in the normal packaging but can be separately pruchased
- Dimensions when set up, including stand: L 129 cm | W 96 cm | H 202 cm
- Max. user-weight: 150 kg
Description: Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer
Ski exercise machine – especially versatile fitness machineImproving general fitness, training the core muscles, lose weight, warm-up, more endurance, a better technique for cross-country skiing and and and... reach uncountable goals with the Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer. At first sight of the Scandic-X you would think that only the arms would be trained – when in fact an almost full body training is possible. Power comes more from the back and chest than from the arms. Through a small squatted position the glutes and leg muscles are activated as well as the lower back and abdominal muscles. It's no wonder that cross-country skiers are among the fittest athletes in the world.
Well equipped in compact dimensionsThe indoor ski trainer can be easily mounted to the wall, therefore needing very little space if at home or in the gym. Separately available is also a stand, so that the ski trainer can stand freely in the room. For this reason the Scandic-X also has transport wheels mounted on the back.
The Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer is built with a hybrid resistance system. With the magnet system you can set the base resistance (in 10 levels), additional resistance is then generated during training from the air system. That means the harder you pull, the higher the intensity. In a quick pull the air will be quickly displaced. This principle works quite well up to a certain speed, but after that the air displaced is "in the way" of the air that needs to get displaced. Therefore the difficulty is increased.
A blue back-lit, easy to read display is mounted on the mast of the ski trainer. All training values are displayed and settings are made on this training computer. For example, you can choose a heart rate program, that warns you when your heart rate increases over your set limit. Or choose one of the interval programs, that will bring you to your limits within minutes.
More results through variety with your trainingThe main principle on this ski trainer is very easy: Just pull on the grips. You are also able to pull in many different ways. You can pull while alternating, switching from pulling left and then pulling right or pulling with more power with both arms at the same time. Dependent on the execution this will also change the muscular focus of the exercise. With quick pulls of both arms at the same time, the resistance is higher and needs more power. By switching between the arms, the stablising muscles in the core are activated.
Even the posture effects the results of your training. Normally training is done in slight squat position. But you can also kneel, sit or even lay down for training. Also looking towards/away from or even in a sideways position to the Scandic-X effects your training results. But the best way is to try it out and find out what exercise/position you have the most fun with so that you get the best results!
PDF document for the productManual TF-SCANDIC-X
Warranty conditions: Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer
For further information on the warranty, please refer to the manufacturer's terms of warranty. The manufacturer's warranty is an extra service and does not affect your statutory rights.
|Manufacturer's warranty||Full warranty|
|Home use||2 years|
|Semiprofessional use||12 months|
|Professional use||6 months|
Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer Test & Evaluations
4.7 of 5 Stars
(30 Customer ratings)
Taurus Scandic-X Skiing Trainer Accessories
- Taurus Scandic-X Floor Stand
- In stock
- Comfort chest strap cardiostrong
- In stock
- cardiostrong Gym Towel
- In stock
Starting from £24.46Starting from £17.90
- cardiostrong rowing gloves
- In stock
Bestsellers of the last 30 days from the category Rowing machine
1Starting from £1,609.00Starting from £1,449.00